Trump announces class action lawsuits today against Facebook and Twitter

Former President Donald Trump announced on Wednesday he was launching a class action law suit against Facebook CEO Mark ZuckerbergTwitter CEO Jack Dorsey and Google CEO Sundar Pichai on behalf of victims of ‘cancel culture.’

He demanded the end of ‘shadow banning,’ and ‘blacklisting’ as he stood in the blazing sun, using his Bedminster golf course clubhouse as a backdrop. 

‘In addition, we are asking the court to impose punitive damages on these social media giants,’ he said.  ‘We’re going to hold big tech very accountable.’

Trump will serve as the lead plaintiff in the suit, claiming he has been wrongfully censored, he added. 

His lawyers say they will argue that Congress has frequently pressured Big Tech to take action on conservatives, making them ‘agents of government’ and therefore subject to the First Amendment. 

The legal moves are backed by the America First Policy Institute, a non-profit that includes several former senior administration officials.  

Trump accused the mainstream media and politicians of cozying up to big tech. 

‘There is no better evidence that big tech is out of control than the fact that they banned the sitting President of the United States earlier this year, a ban that continues to this day,’ he said. 

He contrasted his position with hate speech coming from Iran and Palestinian hardliners.

‘Hamas, as I said, the greatest killers in the world, have a site,’ he said, saying the tweet that got him banned was innocuous. 

Donald Trump announced class action lawsuits against Twitter, Facebook Google and their chief executives on behalf of users who have been banned at an event at his New Jersey golf club. He also said he was seeking punitive damages

Trump introduced other members of the class action suit who had also been kicked off social media. His team has set up a website for other people to sign on

Trump addressed a group of reporters whose numbers were bolstered by a handful of supporters in 96F temperatures on Wednesday morning

Former director of the White House Domestic Policy Council Brooke Rollins claimed America's liberal elites saw the First Amendment as an obstacle to achieving their goals when she spoke at the event launching the lawsuit

Former director of the White House Domestic Policy Council Brooke Rollins claimed America's liberal elites saw the First Amendment as an obstacle to achieving their goals when she spoke at the event launching the lawsuit

Former director of the White House Domestic Policy Council Brooke Rollins claimed America’s liberal elites saw the First Amendment as an obstacle to achieving their goals when she spoke at the event launching the lawsuit

Journalists gathered in from of the clubhouse at Trump’s Bedminster golf club. Trump is due to appear at 11am. The house once belonged to disgraced automobile executive John Delorean








‘Get the quote, you won’t believe it. 

‘But these people call for the destruction of Israel, the destruction of the USA, nothing happens to them.’ 

Linda McMahon, former Small Business Administrator under Trump and chairwoman of the America First Policy Institute, and Brooke Rollins, former acting director of the White House Domestic Policy Council, and other leading conservatives joined him for the announcement.  

Trump advisers had previously suggested that he would make an announcement about a new social media platform during the Fourth of July weekend, but it is understood that remains a work in progress. 

The legal actions would allow him to sue Zuckerberg, Dorsey, and Pichai on behalf of a group that claims they have been silenced because of their politics. 

Rollins launched the event, saying: ‘There’s no topic on which they, the elites, the big firms the progressives the officeholders and the bureaucrats… there’s no other topic that they are seeing as a bigger obstacle to achieve their ambitions, than the First Amendment.’

And she said people could sign on for the lawsuit at takeonbigtech.com. 

Trump is still banned from using both the social media giants because of his comments in the wake of the Capitol riot.  

His team has repeatedly claimed he has been silenced because he is conservative, but the social media giants say it is for safety reasons in the wake of January 6. 

Trump accused the mainstream media and politicians of cozying up to big tech. 'There is no better evidence that big tech is out of control than the fact that they banned the sitting President of the United States earlier this year, a ban that continues to this day,' he said

Trump accused the mainstream media and politicians of cozying up to big tech. 'There is no better evidence that big tech is out of control than the fact that they banned the sitting President of the United States earlier this year, a ban that continues to this day,' he said

Trump accused the mainstream media and politicians of cozying up to big tech. ‘There is no better evidence that big tech is out of control than the fact that they banned the sitting President of the United States earlier this year, a ban that continues to this day,’ he said

The legal actions would allow him to sue Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg (pictured) and Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey on behalf of a group that claims they have been silenced because of their policies

The legal actions would allow him to sue Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg (pictured) and Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey on behalf of a group that claims they have been silenced because of their policies

Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey

Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey

The legal actions would allow him to sue Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey on behalf of a group that claims they have been silenced because of their policies

His legal team includes John P. Coale, who is husband of political commentator Greta Van Susteren, John Q. Kelly, who led the victorious civil action against O.J. Simpson in the death of Nicole Brown, and Pam Bondi, former Florida attorney general.

They will have to argue that private tech companies are subject to the First Amendment. 

Coale said: ‘We’re going to prove that they are government actors therefore the First Amendment does apply, and we think we will be victorious.’ 

Trump also added that the platforms had given up certain civil liabilities that meant they should be treated differently.

‘They say that they’re private, but they’re no longer private if they gave up their section 230 liability protection,’ he said, referring to laws that would otherwise hold them responsible for the nature of their content.

In May, Facebook’s independent Oversight Board, which is sometimes known as its ‘Supreme Court’ reaffirmed that Trump would be banned for two years. 

However, they said he could return if he stopped committing ‘violations’. 

Republicans and Democrats have ramped up their battle with the dominance of Big Tech.

But Trump’s cases would be targeting the policies he believes quashes conservative voices.  

DailyMail.com has reached out to Twitter and Facebook for comment. 

Twitter was the first platform to ban Trump. It initially imposed a 12-hour suspension for two messages it said could have spurred violence around the January 20 inauguration.

“The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!” one tweet read. 

Twitter said this message, referring to false claims about the election, could have been viewed as encouraging supporters to violent protest in the hope overturning the result.

Trump unleashed his fury on a blog set up as alternative way to get his message out.

‘What Facebook, Twitter, and Google have done is a total disgrace and an embarrassment to our Country,’ he wrote. 

‘Free Speech has been taken away from the President of the United States because the Radical Left Lunatics are afraid of the truth, but the truth will come out anyway, bigger and stronger than ever before.’

link

(Visited 330 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply