Two British sisters have reportedly been found dead in the bathroom of a hotel in India.
The girls, believed to be aged 17 and 25, ‘mysteriously died’ allegedly because of fumes from an exhaust in the bathroom of the Gujarati hotel, according to local media.
They were reportedly found unconscious in the bathroom and rushed to hospital where they later died.
Two British sisters, believed to be aged 17 and 25, ‘mysteriously died’ in the bathroom of the Gujarati hotel they were staying in. Stock picture of Ahmedabad, Gujarat
DunyaNews reported that the women were of Pakistani-descent and were with their mother and father visiting the area for the funeral of the sisters’ grandfather.
An investigation has been launched and a report was given to the authorities.
Local media reported that police said the deaths took place on January 12 and the parents are not considering legal action because they have accepted the deaths as an accident.
Only yesterday, a 16-year-old girl in Mumbai died from carbon monoxide poisoning that was caused by a gas geyser fitted in a bathroom.
They were reportedly found unconscious in the bathroom and rushed to hospital where they later died. Stock picture
The geysers use gas burners to heat water for showers and users are advised to keep windows open because the gas needs oxygen to keep burning.
Cutting off the oxygen supply can be fatal. A post-mortem is due to take place.
A Foreign and Commonwealth Office spokeswoman said: ‘We are in contact with the local authorities following the death of two British women in Gujrat, Pakistan, and have offered consular support to the family.’