THIS is the shocking moment anti-Trump protesters brawled with fans of the President over the wreckage of his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
The huge fight reportedly started when one of Trump’s supporters used the n-word – sparking a dozen-strong brawl.
A passerby can be seen stopping to watch the drama unfold on the Hollywood Boulevard at around 3.30am on Wednesday – but makes no attempts to stop him.
Clay then fled the scene, leaving his pickaxe amongst the remains of the president’s smashed up star, but later called cops to surrender, a spokesman for the Los Angeles Police Department said.
The suspect was held in custody at the Los Angeles County Jail on a charge of felony vandalism with a bail of $20,000 (£15,000), jail records showed.
He allegedly pulled the tool out of a guitar case before striking Trump’s sidewalk honour, the Los Angeles Times reported.
Last night, Clay told TMZ he was “happy” he did it – and says he was even left a voicemail by Robert De Niro.
Video shared by eyewitnesses showed the plaque had been completely ruined and had been further defaced with graffiti.
The following day, protester Gregg Donovan stood at the spot, which is popular with tourists, holding a “Trump 2020” sign, saying he was protecting it from further damage.
The 58-year-old said: “It’s a California landmark. Don’t take your anger out on a tourist landmark.”
Adrian Rodriguez, a 42-year-old LA schoolteacher, said: “I don’t condone vandalism but I can certainly see the frustration.
Protester Gregg Donovan stood at the spot, which is popular with tourists, holding a Trump 2020 sign[/caption]
Tourists gathered around as workers tried to fix the smashed up star[/caption]
“I’m not for Trump but I disagree with this type of protest.”
Leron Gubler, president of the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, said: “When people are unhappy with one of our honourees, we would hope that they would project their anger in more positive ways than to vandalise a California State landmark.”
The star, which recognises the 74-year-old for his work on the US version of reality show The Apprentice, will be covered for several days as the Hollywood Historic Trust repairs it.
Installed in 2007, Trump’s star has been frequently vandalised since he was elected president in 2016.
MOST READ IN NEWS
The star was previously vandalised by James Otis with a sledgehammer and pickaxe days before the November 2016 election.
Otis, who pleaded no contest to the felony, was sentenced to three years of probation for vandalism and was ordered to pay $4,400 (£3,350) for the damage and attorney’s fees.
He was also ordered to carry out 20 days of community work in 2017.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at email@example.com or call 0207 782 4368 . You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.