IS IT time to put a ring on it?
If so, you can get engaged this weekend without breaking the bank- as Poundland launches engagement rings for just £1.
The bling is the latest move by retailers to provide wedding essentials at budget prices.
With the average nuptials costing a whopping £30,355 – this jewel is a sign your big day can be more affordable.
The prevalence of cheap clothing brands supplying wedding-ready threads and high street stores selling matrimony accessories at slashed prices, mean it is becoming more economical to say ‘I do.’
But is it possible to slash your budget to the max and get hitched for less than £100?
Here, we show you how to get your special day swinging for next to nothing with the help of Barney Morris, 26, from Chester and Lisa Groothuijzen, 26, from Hendon, north London.
Read on for the best buys to make your nuptials go with a bang without splashing out big bucks.
For the bride
- Ring, Poundland, £1
- Bridal gown, £5, everything5pounds.com
- Shoes, Primark, £10
- Veil, £6.49, smiffys.com
For the groom
- Shirt, £7, Matalan
- Shoes, £5, everything5pounds.com
- Suit, £29, George at Asda
- Tie, £2.50, Primark
- Rose button hole, 25p, Hobbycraft
Food and decorations
- Wedding cake composed of two stacked celebration cakes, £8.50 for the large and £6 for the small, Asda
- Prosecco, £7.99, Aldi
- Flutes, £1 for two, Asda
- Bunting, £1, Wilko
- Flower bouquet, £2 for two, Poundland
- Tablecover, £1.50, Wilko
- Confetti sprinkled on the table, £1, Wilko
- Pom poms, £1, Poundland