THE price of a high street coffee has shot up 20 per cent in the past seven years.
That equates to the price of a “tall” cappuccino at Starbucks going from £2.15 to £2.60.
If a morning coffee is part of your daily routine, that soon adds up.
But there are ways to cut the “Costa” your cuppa.
- Don’t be a mug. Help the planet and your pocket with a £1 reusable cup from Starbucks. This gets you 25p off your drink at the time.
Take it to Pret A Manger and get a 50p discount — the best on the high street.
Or join MyWaitrose and use your cup to get a free tea or coffee in-store.
- Get appy. Download Greggs’ app and join its rewards scheme to receive a hot drink worth £2. You can currently get the new Pumpkin Spice Latte for free, a saving of £2.20.
- Stay loyal. Heading to Ikea? Claim a free tea or coffee at the cafe.
Sign up for Ikea’s family membership and flash your card to claim your drink Monday through until Friday.
Register for bakery chain Paul’s loyalty card and you can claim a free croissant and coffee at one of its branches. Or sign up to cafe chain Benugo’s newsletter to get yourself another free beverage.
- Join the club. Got an O2 contract? O2 Priority lets you claim a free Caffe Nero beverage from midday Tuesday to the end of Wednesday. You can do this once a week, every week, saving you £10 per month.
Not with O2? You can still order a free SIM card and take advantage of this deal.
- Be size-wise. In most stores, a medium coffee will have the same number of espresso shots as a large, meaning you pay around 30p more for extra milk. You will get the same buzz with a smaller size. Prefer an iced latte to a cappuccino? Ask for an espresso over ice then add free milk from the counter. This could save you £1 per drink.
- PRICES correct at time of press. Deals and offers subject to availability.
ADD aquatic magic to your make-up routine with Lottie London’s new Mermaid Glow Rainbow Highlighter, which is much cheaper than the Ciate version.
Reader’s saving tip
VIVIENNE PEART from Abingdon, Oxon, says: “Take a reusable cup when you fly. You get money off coffee in the lounge and can fill up your cup with water instead of buying expensive bottles.”
- Upload your hints at sunsavers.co.uk/tips and get 28 codes, worth £5, if we print yours. Please include your name and town.
Deal of the day
STOCK up on choccy treats with a massive 432g box of Thorntons Continental Chocolates at starbargains.co.uk. Was £15, now £7.
Save a fiver
CHILL inside or out with this comfy bean bag seat. Was £39.99, now £34.99 at Aldi. Online exclusive, while stocks last.
My Sun Savers fiver
KEVIN McNULTY from Northolt, West London, says: “I collected £35 to help buy a Fitbit. That made a large dent in the £100 cost.”
- Upload your Savers fiver tales to sunsavers.co.uk/fivers and get 28 codes, worth £5, if we print yours. Please include your name and town.
SNACK on The Food Doctor’s Original Seed & Cereal Pitta at Sainsbury’s. Currently two for £1.50, usually £1 each.
Shop & save
FILL up your glass with I Heart Pinot Grigio and Pinot Noir at Tesco, 75cl. Were £5.50. Pinot Grigio now £4.75, Pinot Noir now £5. Deal ends October 1.
SAVE: Up to 75p
Win £15,000 off your mortgage
WE’VE teamed up with free online mortgage broker Habito to offer one lucky reader £15,000 towards their mortgage.
To be in with a chance of winning our great cash giveaway, collect TEN of the Sun Savers codes printed daily until September 25. Today’s code is on Page 20.
Then go to the Sun Savers app or sunsavers.co.uk and enter your TEN Sun Savers codes. Lastly, go to the “Win A Year’s Mortgage with Habito” page in “Offers” and click “Enter” by midnight on Monday, October 8.
A recent study by Habito found 58 per cent of British homeowners could save on average £294 a month (that’s £3,528 per year) by switching to a better mortgage. To find out more, visit Habito.com.
Not a Sun Savers member? Go to sunsavers.co.uk or download the Sun Savers app to get involved.
- Terms and conditions: 18+ UK residents only (excludes IoM, Channel Islands). Code collect Sep 8 to 25, 2018. Entry closes Oct 8, 2018. Winner selected at random. T&Cs apply. For full T&Cs see sunsavers.co.uk.
Play now to win £15,000 on the Sun Savers Raffle
JOIN thousands of readers taking part in the new Sun Savers Raffle.
Every Sun Savers code you enter will earn you a ticket for our £15k monthly Raffle. And for every ten tickets you collect in a calendar month, you get a GOLDEN TICKET for our £80k Raffle, which takes place every three months, with the first one at the end of June.
There is no limit to how many tickets you can collect. So the more you enter, the better your chances.
To take part go to sunsavers.co.uk or open the Sun Savers app. Then opt in to each month’s Raffle by clicking “Yes!” when prompted and start collecting the Sun Savers codes printed daily in the paper.
Today’s code is on Page 20. Every time you scan or enter a code into Sun Savers, you get a Raffle ticket in the £15k Raffle.
Not yet a Sun Savers member? Just go to sunsavers.co.uk or find “Sun Savers” in the app store to get started.
- T&Cs apply. Full T&Cs at sunsavers.co.uk/faqs.
Fancy a free fiver?
YOU can get FREE cash with super Sun Savers just for buying your favourite paper.
Our brilliant new rewards club will pay back our most loyal readers.
Just pick up the paper each day to collect your Sun Savers codes and we will GIVE YOU £5 when you have collected 28.
This isn’t a one-off and there is no limit to how much cash you can save.
For every 28 codes you enter, we will give you a fiver. So over the course of a year, that could add up to £65.
We are keeping it super-simple. You don’t have to enter codes from consecutive days, so don’t worry if you forget a day or two.
Download our easy Sun Savers app and quickly scan your code using your smartphone. Or go online and enter your code at sunsavers.co.uk.
most read in money
To get you on your way, join today and we will put a bonus £1 in your Sun Savers wallet tomorrow. And the good news doesn’t stop with free cash.
With Sun Savers, we give you the best hacks, deals and tips to save money every single day.
TO JOIN: Don’t worry, folks — joining takes just 30 seconds, in three steps.