DONALD Trump is known for making waves across social media with his constant war of words with other nations, the media and anyone who dares to cross his path.
But just who is he fighting with today? We take a look at the current focus of the President’s wrath.
What has Donald Trump tweeted now?
The US President has been making waves on Twitter in the last 24 hours with a controversial and aggressive tweet aimed at Iran’s leader Hassan Rouhani.
Trump issued a tweet in the early hours of Monday, July 23 2018, saying: “To Iranian President Rouhani: NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE. WE ARE NO LONGER A COUNTRY THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF VIOLENCE & DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!”
The terrifying tweet came as tensions between the US and Iran continue to mount, and just months after Donald Trump withdrew from the 2015 nuclear deal that was designed to stop Iran developing nuclear weapons.
Trump posted the tweet hours after President Rouhani cautioned Trump over his hostile policies against Tehran.
The Iranian president believes there have been efforts by Washington to destabilise Iran’s Islamic government.
On Sunday July 22, he said: “American must understand well that peace with Iran is the mother of all peace and war with Iran is the mother of all wars.”
Rouhani’s words came off the back of comments by US Secretary Mike Pompeo who compared Iran to a “mafia” and claimed that Iranian leaders had accepted bribes.
He replied to Pompeo’s comments by saying: “You are not in a position to incite the Iranian nation against Iran’s security and interests”, thus angering Trump who took to Twitter to vent.
What else has Trump been tweeting?
The President is very active on Twitter; here are his most recent memorable rants and controversial outbursts.
– July 23, 2018: Donald Trump threatens Iranian leader Hassan Rouhani
– July 22, 2018: Trump hits back at critics who expressed concern about his meeting with Vladimir Putin, labelling their “disparaging comments” as fake news
– July 20, 2018: Trump claims “China, the European Union and others have been manipulating their currencies”
– June 25, 2018: Trump verbally attacks restaurant that kicked out White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders
– June 9, 2018: Trump took to Twitter to launch attacks against Canada’s Justin Trudeau following a less than impressive G7 summit appearance
– Jun 5, 2018: Trump blames the “Russian Witch Hunt Hoax” on Jeff Sessions
– June 4, 2018: During the Mueller investigation, Trump tweeted that he had “the absolute right to PARDON” himself
– May 31, 2018: Trump declared that it was nobody’s business as to why he fired James Comey as FBI Director
– May 8, 2018: Trump tweets that Iran is “defective at its core”
– May 3, 2018: The President’s tweets acknowledge that he reimbursed his lawyer Michael Cohen for a payment to porn star Stormy Daniels
– April 30, 2018: Donald claims the White House Correspondents’ Dinner is “dead”
– April 25, 2018: Trump thanked Kanye for backing his up to his critics on Twitter and sent a photo of a signed baseball cap to him
– April 18 2018: Trump claims FBI boss Comey “was not fired because of the phony Russia investigation” contradicting his previous comments to NBC news
MOST READ IN NEWS
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at email@example.com or call 0207 782 4368. You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.