NATURE fans can’t wait for Sir David Attenborough’s series Our Planet to drop on Netflix.
The trailer debuted during the Super Bowl and got viewers wanting more – here’s the lowdown…
When is Our Planet released on Netflix?
Our Planet is the awe-inspiring story of our natural world.
It will be available to stream on Netflix from Friday, April 5, 2019.
The documentary series is made up of eight parts and was made in partnership with the World Wildlife Fund.
Sir David Attenborough, 92, will narrate the documentary which is from the creator of Planet Earth.
What is Our Planet about?
This series will explore the unique and precious wonders of our natural world.
Our Planet combines stunning photography and technology with an unprecedented, never-before filmed look at the planet’s remaining wilderness areas and their animal inhabitants.
The ambitious four-year project has been filmed in 50 countries across all the continents of the world, with over 600 members of crew capturing more than three and a half thousand filming days.
It will focus on the breadth of the diversity of habitats around the world, from the remote Arctic wilderness and mysterious deep oceans to the vast landscapes of Africa and diverse jungles of South America.
The show will shed light on a variety of habitats – from deserts to oceans to jungles – and it was filmed over four years in 50 different countries, with more than 600 crew members capturing 3,500-plus filming days.
More on Netflix
What other shows is Sir David Attenborough famous for?
David is well known for his nature documentaries.
His biggest ones are (in order of popularity):
- Plant Earth (2006) Five years in the making, this was the most expensive nature documentary series ever commissioned by the BBC, and the first to be filmed in high definition.
- The Blue Planet (2001) A documentary series taking a look at the rich tapestry of life in the world’s oceans.
- Blue Planet II (2017) Sir Attenborough returns to the world’s oceans in this sequel to the acclaimed documentary filming rare and unusual creatures of the deep, as well as documenting the problems our oceans face.
- Planet Earth II (2016) Wildlife documentary series beginning with a look at the remote islands which offer sanctuary to some of the planet’s rarest creatures.
- Life on Earth (1979) This documentary was David’s groundbreaking study of the evolution of life on our planet.