OVIE Soko is single and ready to mingle after Anna Vakili decided to rekindle her romance with Jordan Hames.
Now, the professional basketball player is coupled up with Amber in a friendship partnering but still looking for someone to come in and turn his head. Here’s what you need to know about the hunk…
Who is Ovie Soko?
Ovie Soko is a 28-year-old basketball player who is on the Great Britain team.
The athlete went to school with former Love Island star Alexandra Cane.
When asked to rate himself, he stated: “I feel like I’m an 8 but an international 8, some people call themselves a 10 but you can be a 10 in one place and go to the opposite side of the world and be a 4.
“Wherever I go around the world, I think I can be an 8. My best feature is my personality, I am just a vibe and people like being around my energy.”
The athlete admits he is very competitive and wants to couple up with Anna[/caption]
What has happened to Ovie Soko on Love Island so far?
- Since making his Love Island debut in episode 23, Soko has been staying close to Anna Vakili in an attempt to sway the pharmacist from Jordan Hames.
- The athlete shared a bed with the pharmacist after admitting he only had eyes for the brunette in episode 25.
- Anna decided to couple up with the hunk in the shock recoupling, leaving her former partner Jordan Hames crushed, after he had decided to stay coupled with the pharmacist.
- The professional basketball player was quick to give Amber Gill a hug as she cried about Michael picking Joanna over her.
- In episode 28, the athlete told Anna he was not happy with their current situation and said things have changed since she saw Jordan again.
- He then was chosen to go on a “friend date” with Amber, while Jordan chose Anna to go on date with. On the date Ovie admitted he quite liked Joanna Chimonides.
- Anna was left torn between Ovie and Jordan, but after going on a date with Jordan, it appeared she was swaying more towards him.
- However, during a chat with Ovie, he made it clear he won’t be played by her anymore, telling Jordan ‘go get your missus bro.’
- Ovie and Anna are back on good terms and he is OK with her being with Jordan.
- On episode 33, newcomer Francesca Allen invited Ovie on a date and the pair got on swimmingly.
- Ovie was given a second chance at finding love when Amber Gill picked him to re-couple up with in episode 34.
Who does Ovie Soko want to couple up with?
Like a lot of the new boys, Ovie has his eye on one girl.
He said: “They are all gorgeous girls but Anna, I’ve been watching her from the beginning and she has consistently been on my radar.”
However, his celebrity crush could indicate what other kind of woman might turn his head.
“Meghan Markle! She is stunning, I like her. Also, I like Rihanna, she is a fiery one. They both have their own qualities that I’m attracted to.”
Ovie says he wants a girl who can “be themselves around me”, while he isn’t a fan of those who are “a bit too full of themselves.”
Which boy does Ovie think he’ll get along with?
Ovie doesn’t have a favourite when it comes to the guys.
He explained: “They all seem like sound guys, they seem like cool people. I’m competitive but I’m in the locker room with 14 other big egos on a high level sports team and we all get along just fine, so I think I’ll be okay.”
But there is a chance he could butt heads with someone during his time in Spain.
“My less attractive traits are that I like things the way I like them, I’m opinionated – if I have an opinion I’ll say my piece. I’m a straight shooter who is honest and have been told sometimes that I can be too honest. Plus I’m a competitor, it comes with my job, it’s built into my DNA.”
What is Casa Amor?
Casa Amor is the second “secret” villa on Love Island.
It was introduced during the third series of the show in 2017.
Producers usually arrange for a set of new girls to join the boys in there, however this year it is the girls moving over to meet a new group of girls.
Just like the other villa, the girls have to couple up with a boy and share a bed.
This can throw a spanner in the works if they are already happy with a boy in the main villa.
MORE LOVE ISLAND GOSS
What days in the week is Love Island on ITV2?
You can get your fix of the show every night on ITV2 from 9pm where the main programme, hilariously narrated by Iain Stirling, will give us the lowdown on all the goings-on in the villa – from couples cracking on to singletons getting mugged off.
Saturday night’s show differs from the rest of the week, as it is a round-up of all the best bits from the villa that week – and maybe some unseen footage.
If that’s not enough, you can also watch Caroline Flack‘s spin off show Aftersun on Sunday nights at 10pm after the main show has aired, where she discusses the latest action with celebrity guests, as well as those eliminated from the villa.