THE Tokyo Olympics are here and medals are already being won.
The Opening Ceremony was held on Friday, but which saw the first gold medal presented?
Virginia Thrasher won the first gold medal in Rio de Janeiro 2016[/caption]
When was first gold medal be won at the Olympic Games?
The first gold medal was won at 3.25am on Saturday, July 24.
This came in the Women’s 10m Air Rifle shooting event.
China’s Yang Qian emerged victorious on the final shot ahead of Anastasiia Galashina of the Russian Olympic Committee.
Galashina looked set to get the gold before firing a wayward shot with her final attempt.
And there remain plenty of other medals to be won today.
They are as follows:
- 2.45am-3.25am: Shooting – Women’s 10m air rifle
- 3am-10.15am: Cycling – Men’s road race
- 5.50am-8am: Weightlifting – Women’s 49kg Group A
- 6.15am-8.10am: Archery – Mixed team quarters/semis/final
- 10.28am-10.39am: Judo – Women’s 48kg final
- 10.59am-11.10am: Judo – Men’s 60kg final
- 12.55pm – 1.25pm: Fencing – Women’s Epee Individual Gold Medal match
- 1.28pm – 1.53pm: Fencing – Men’s Sabre Individual Gold Medal match
- 1.30pm – 1.45pm: Taekwondo – Women’s 49kg Gold Medal contest
- 1.45pm – 2.30pm: Taekwondo – Men’s 58kg Gold Medal contest
Most read in Sport