SPICE Girls fans around the world have been holding out hope for years and years they will one day see their favourite 90s pop group reunite.
But will Posh, Ginger, Scary, Baby and Sporty ever actually make fans’ dreams come true and why haven’t they so far? Here’s the latest news on their reunion as talk of a world tour grows…
Will there be a Spice Girls reunion?
There have been constant rumours of a reunion for the Spice Girls ever since their record-breaking comeback tour in 2009.
Victoria Beckham, Geri Horner, Melanie Brown, Emma Bunton and Melanie Chisholm were last seen performing together as a five-piece in 2012 at the London Olympics closing ceremony and for the launch of their Viva Forever musical in the same year.
An official confirmation is yet to be announced.
What are the rumours surrounding The Spice Girls 2018 tour?
Here’s how events have unfolded:
- On February 1, 2018, The Sun’s Bizarre Column exclusively revealed that the gang is getting back together this year securing £10 million each.
- On February 5, 2018 Emma Bunton says there’s “exciting things to come’ for the Spice Girls as she gives the inside scoop on their mini reunion at Geri Horner’s house.
- On March 6, 2018 The Sun exclusively revealed that Victoria Beckham has thrown their reunion plans into chaos by pulling out of the planned projects.
- On May 8, Mel B said on Loose Women: “It’s going to be a bit of everything. If it was up to me we’d go on tour immediately. Maybe we will soon… hopefully.”
- On June 1, 2018 Mel C reveald the Spice Girls want to headline Glastonbury festival.
- On June 6, 2018 Emma Bunton appeared on This Morning and said that a reunion of some kind was definitely “in the pipelines” but she couldn’t confirm whether or not Victoria would be involved.
- On June 16, the reunion tour is called off AGAIN after Victoria Beckham refuses to tour.
- On June 28, 2018 Mel B orders Victoria Beckham to stop rubbishing Spice Girls reunion and insists all the band will tour.
More on the Spice Girls
What other projects have been discussed by the Spice Girls?
They are reportedly considering TV projects in China, a new TV talent show, endorsement deals and a compilation album celebrating their greatest hits.
An insider told The Sun: “Victoria and Geri agreed it would be impossible to be part of a fully-fledged tour because of family and business commitments.
“Now that she’s a top designer Victoria is concerned about singing but she wants to make money to pump back into her business.”